Flourish Definition: to grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, especially as the result of a particularly favorable environment.
God has given us the disciplines of the spiritual life as a means of receiving his grace. The disciplines allow us to place ourselves before God so that he can transform us.” –Richard Foster
John 15:1-5 (NIV)
Today’s Core Truth: When we choose to remain, we will flourish, and fruit will follow.
⇒ Pruning is a painful loss but has purpose.
John 15:2a (NIV)
Question: What is dying or dead in your life?
Colossians 3:5-8 (The Message); Hebrews 12:6 (NIV); John 15:2b-3 (NIV)
⇒ The is just as important for maturity as the results.
John 15:4 (NIV); John 15:13-15 (NIV); James 1:2-4 (The Message); Galatians 6:9 (The Message)
⇒ The real fruit comes from in His ultimate outcome, not ours.
John 15:5 (NIV)
Question: How will my faith flourish in a season of remaining faithful?
Theme: Fruit Follows
What impacted you the most from Sunday’s message?
What is your favorite fruit, and why?
- Why would Jesus use the vineyard as a metaphor?
- When does pruning take place? How have you felt personally pruned in your life?
- What does Jesus mean by “remain?” In what ways have you been challenged to do so in your life?
- What does Jesus mean, “apart from me you can do nothing?” When have you had to remain close to Jesus to see what only He can do?
- How are we to love according to Jesus?
- In what ways have you experienced the friendship of Jesus? How is the greatest result more than any other outcome?
Pray over areas of your life where you need strength, patience, etc. to remain faithful. Share how God is answering prayer and any prayer requests you have. Take time to pray for each other.