Now is the Time, Part 6: Mourn | Dance
June 12, 2022 / Ecclesiastes 3:4
Steve Osborne, Guest Pastor from North County CTK
We the season we’re in or how long it will last.
What do we do with the season we’re in?
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance…
mourn = to feel or express a deep sense of sadness or loss
What do we mourn?
- Loss of a loved one
- The effects of sin on our relationships
- The evil and fallen nature of our world
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
1. Mourning allows God to to us and us for what is next.
2. Dancing is more about we are than we are in life.
It’s more relational than situational.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace…
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. Implement the lessons from and into the of life.
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Small Group Questions
- Is your personality more the type that likes to be in control of things or are you more relaxed and go-with-the-flow? Why do you think that is?
- Thinking of your time and season in life right now, what lessons or truths might God be teaching you?
- Read Matthew 5:4. How might God bless you as you mourn a particular loss in your life?
- Read Galatians 5:22. What do you think about the default attitude of a Christian being one of joy? How often do your circumstances and situations determine your level of joy?
- How can you use the lessons you’ve learned from mourning and dancing to help encourage and strengthen others?
- How can we pray for you right now and throughout the week?