Now is the Time, Part 13: Love | Hate
July 31, 2022
Grant Fisbhook, Lead Teaching Pastor
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the sun:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Our focus for today:
There is a time to love, and a time to hate.
Now is the time to love what God loves:
God loves (John 3:16)
God loves people who are from Him. (Romans 5:8)
God loves people who Him. (Proverbs 8:17)
God loves those who choose the . (Psalm 146:8, Proverbs 15:9)
God loves a . (2 Corinthians 9:7)
God loves those who Him. (Psalm 103:11, Deuteronomy 7:9)
God loves those who fairly. (Psalm 37:28, Deuteronomy 32:4)
Now is the time to hate what God hates:
There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
a lying ,
that shed innocent blood
a that devises wicked schemes,
that are quick to rush into evil,
a false who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up in the community.
Do I love what God loves?
Do I hate what God hates?
Small Group Questions
- What do you love? What do you hate? Why?
- Look at the list of what God loves. Do you struggle aligning with God’s heart on any of the list above?
- Look at the list of what God hates. Do you struggle with any of the sins on God’s list?
- The word “hate” is a strong word. Why do you believe God chose that word to assign to these seven sins?
- What is one way you can join God in his passion for both lists this coming week?
- How can we pray for you right now and throughout the week?