CTK North Bay
How To Be Rich
Archived – May 15, 2022
Main Scripture Reference(s)
How To Be Rich
May 15, 2022 / Dan McEvoy / Luke 12:13-21
Q: How rich are you?
Sermon in a Sentence: I will not trust in riches but in Him who richly provides.
1 Timothy 6:17a NIV
Arrogant: Having an inflated sense of self-worth.
How to be good at being rich:
1 Samuel 16:7 NLT
1 Timothy 6:17b NIV; 2 Corinthians 4:18 NIV
1 Timothy 6:18 NIV; Luke 12:16-21 NIV; 1 Timothy 6:19 NIV
Ephesians 2:3-10 NIV
Q: How are you going to spend your life?
Theme: Flourish Yet Foolish
What impacted you the most from Sunday’s message?
What did you like to collect as a kid? Do you still have the collection?
- In response to the man’s pleas, Jesus tells a parable. What is the rich man’s problem and His solution? Why does Jesus call him a fool?
- Is there an example in your life that you have done the same thing as this man?
- How has our culture, through the use of marketing, caused FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) to create “all kinds of greed” (verse 15)? What are examples of “all kinds of greed” that you can see today?
- What are the consequences to us and those who are affected when we have made life about the “abundance of possessions”?
- Why is verse 18 so tempting when we find comfortability that becomes our detriment?
- What must change individually or collectively to become as Jesus says, “rich toward God”? What could this do to the community we are trying to reach?
- How do you need to trust God when it comes to giving rather than acquiring? What specific prayer can you give?
Take time to share how God is answering prayer, and pray over the needs in your group.