CTK North Bay
Archived – February 5, 2023
Main Scripture Reference(s)
February 5, 2023 / Dan McEvoy / Matthew 25:14-30
Psalms 24:1 (NIV)
The Truth of a Chosen Life:
It’s not about what you don’t have but what you have been entrusted with.
Matthew 25:14–15a (ESV)
⇒ Beware of the curse of for it will kill progress.
Matthew 25:15 (ESV)
Do you live in the land of “lack” or in the Kingdom of abundance?
⇒ This is only a .
Matthew 25:16–25 (ESV)
⇒ Disobedience is directly connected to fear that is rooted in doubt of the of God.
Matthew 25:25 (NLT)
Matthew 25:24b (ESV)
⇒ Reward is based on , NOT success.
Matthew 25:23 (ESV)
Beginning today, what is a small step of faithfulness you can take that will lead to greater impact and reward one day?
Theme: Talent Shows
If you received a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Why?
Read & Discuss Together: Matthew 25:14-30
- What do you think the purpose of the Master was to go away?
- What happened to the two servants who doubled their investment? Why did they receive such a reward?
- Why did the servant with one talent hide his talent? Why was Jesus so hard on him?
- As we view “The Master” in the story as God, how is fear connected in doubting the goodness of God? Explain why?
- How would you have felt to be one with 5 or 3 talents?
- How would you have felt if you were one who received only one talent?
- How is it difficult not to compare yourself with others who have more than you? How did you struggle with comparing yourself with others? In what ways?
- Have you ever felt like the last servant in the story who didn’t use his talent because of fear? Give an example, and why did you think you were fearful?
- If the Master returned today, what would he say about the way you’ve used what he gave you? How would you like to improve?
- Lately, how have you been challenged to be faithful in the “small things?” What small steps do you need to take or keep taking? What do you need prayer for?
Share the good things God has done in your/others life, and pray for one another of the needs that you have.